We are excited to use Seesaw to bring families closer to our Elementary classrooms this year!
Seesaw in Elementary School at ISM
This year in Elementary School we are using Seesaw to share and communicate learning with families!
After your child's teacher gives you the class invitation to sign up, download the free Seesaw Family app and sign in. You can also access Seesaw from a computer at https:// app.seesaw.me
If you would like any support or guidance on getting started with Seesaw you can arrange an appointment to chat with our
IT Coordinator, Mr Patrick Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org
Seesaw Family Frequently Asked Questions
Seesaw Getting Started
Seesaw Family App
Your child will add work to Seesaw to share their learning with you. When there are new posts or messages, you'll be notified and can see what's new!
Seesaw is private. You’ll only see posts created by your child. Learn more about Seesaw's commitment to privacy at web.seesaw.me/privacy.
Let's Sign up!
- Download 'Seesaw Family' from the App Store or Google Play Store. Don’t have a smartphone? Sign up on a computer at app.seesaw.me.
- Tap 'Create Family Account' and scan the QR code on the handout that your child's teacher passed out. Make sure it says your child's name at the top.
- Create your account to see your child's journal! Make sure to allow notifications to get real-time updates about new posts.
What are Seesaw Learning Journals?
- Seesaw is a simple way for teachers and students to record and share what's happening in the classroom.
- Seesaw gives students a place to document their learning, be creative and learn how to use technology.
- Each student gets their own journal and will add things to it, like photos, videos, drawings, or notes.
How Else Can We Work Together?
- Check Seesaw regularly—you'll be notified about new journal entries and class announcements.
- Celebrate your child’s successes and encourage the skills that we are building at school together at home.
- Keep me updated on how your child is doing and let me know how I can be most helpful.
Yes, You can add another child
Using the QR Code:
- Sign in to your family account.
- Tap your profile icon (top left).
- Tap “+ Add Child's Journal”.
- Scan the QR code for your other child.
Using the Sign Up Link:
- Follow the link on the handout or email.
- Choose your child from the list.
- Click the "Sign in" tab, instead of creating a new account.
- Sign in to your account.
- Your child's teacher will need to approve your connection, and once they do, you'll see all updates.
Seesaw Privacy, Safety, and Security
Seesaw's feature to allow sharing of posts to external social media sites is disabled at ISM. In the interest of privacy, safety and security we have updated the school-wide settings to further protect your privacy.
Should you wish to download your child's journal you can follow these steps to download journals, "Download Seesaw Journals".
For further information on Seesaw Privacy, Safety and Security you can visit https://web.seesaw.me/privacy/
Protecting your privacy is fundamental to our mission and business. The following summarize our promises to you.
- We never sell your data or student data.
- We never advertise in Seesaw.
- We don’t own the content you add to Seesaw.
- Student work is private to the classroom by default.
- We use the latest security industry best practices to protect you.
- We are transparent about our practices and will notify you if things change.
- We are compliant with FERPA, COPPA, and GDPR.